Welcome to the website of Cross The T Pty Ltd (ABN 20 634 525 090) (“we”, “us” or the “Company”), a boutique legal firm that specialises in helping civil construction business and small business clients to dot the i and cross the t, so they are fully protected and empowered to grow. Access a highly experienced legal team to help you take care of contracts, tender applications, structuring, partnership agreements, acquisitions and everyday legal matters. You can expect fully personalised service from a team that cares about the future of your business.
This website is located on the web via the domain https://www.crossthet.com.au and includes all of the files located in that domain (“this site”).
Restrictions on use
Your use of this site is subject to the rules set out in Schedule 1 below.
Without limiting any other remedies available to the Company at law or in equity, the Company reserves the right to, without notice:
• temporarily or indefinitely suspend, or terminate, your access to this site or refuse to provide services to you if:
the Company is unable to verify or authenticate any information that you provide to us; or
the Company believes that your actions may cause damage and/or legal liability to the Company, any of its customers or suppliers or any other person; and
You indemnify and hold harmless the Company and its officers, employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates from and against any losses, liabilities, costs, expenses or damages (including actual, special, indirect and consequential losses or damages of every kind and nature, including all legal fees on a solicitor-client basis) suffered or incurred by any of them due to, arising out of, or in any way related to (directly or indirectly):
• any material or information that you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through this site;
• your use of, or connection to, this site; or
• this site;
• all of its content (including all of the text, graphics, designs, software, data, sound and video files and other information contained in this site, and the selection and arrangement thereof); and
• all software, systems and other information owned or used by the Company in connection with this site (whether hosted on the same server as this site or otherwise).
You may download and print out content from this site only for your own personal and non-commercial use and provided that you do not remove or modify any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices.
The phrase “Cross The T” is a trademark of the Company. The look and feel of this site (including all button icons, scripts, custom graphics and headers) are the trademarks, service marks and/or trade dress of the Company. These trademarks, service marks and trade dress may not be used, copied or imitated, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of the Company.
This site contains some features that enable you and other users to upload User Content. The Company reserves the right to display, refuse to display, remove and/or amend all or any part of any User Content at its absolute discretion. In respect of any User Content that you upload, you:
• represent and warranty to the Company that your sharing of that User Content does not infringe any copyright or other legal right of any other person; and
• grant to the Company a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform and otherwise exploit all or any part of that User Content in any way at the Company’s absolute discretion.
If you believe that our site contains any material that infringes upon any copyright that you hold or control, or that users are directed through a link on this site to a third party website that you believe is infringing upon any copyright that you hold or control, you may send a notification of such alleged infringement to us in writing. Such notification should identify the works that are allegedly being infringed upon and the allegedly infringing material and give particulars of the alleged infringement. In response to such a notification, we will give a written notice of a claim of copyright infringement to the provider of the allegedly infringing material. If the provider of that material does not respond to us in writing denying the alleged infringement within 14 days after receipt of that notice, we will remove or block the allegedly infringing material as soon as is reasonably practicable. If the provider of that material responds to us in writing denying the alleged infringement, we will, as soon as is reasonably practicable, send a copy of that response to the original notifying party. If the original notifying party does not, within a further 14 days, file an action seeking a court order against the provider of the allegedly infringing material, we may restore any removed or blocked material at our discretion. If the original notifying party files such a legal action, we will remove or block the allegedly infringing material pending resolution of that legal action.
Disclaimer of warranties
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE COMPANY AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONSULTANTS, LICENSORS, PARTNERS AND AFFILIATES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES (WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE) IN RELATION TO THIS SITE, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY/GUARANTEE OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
This site is provided strictly on an “as is” basis. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Company and its officers, employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates make no representation, warranty or guarantee as to the reliability, timeliness, quality, suitability, truth, availability, accuracy or completeness of this site or any of its content, and in particular do not represent, warrant or guarantee that:
• the use of this site will be secure, timely, uninterrupted or error-free or operate in combination with any other hardware, software, system or data;
• this site will meet your requirements or expectations;
• anything on this site, or on any third-party website referred or linked to in this site, is reliable, accurate, complete or up-to-date;
• the quality of any information or other material purchased or obtained through this site will meet any particular requirements or expectations;
• errors or defects will be corrected; or
• this site or the servers that make it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Limitation of liability
Exclusion of liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Company and its officers, employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates expressly limit their liability for breach of any non-excludable condition or warranty/guarantee implied by virtue of any legislation to the following remedies (the choice of which is to be at the Company’s sole discretion):
• in the case of goods, to any of the following:
the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
the repair of the goods;
the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
• in the case of services:
the supply of the services again; or
the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
• the singular includes the plural and vice-versa;
• a reference to a “person” includes an individual, a firm, a corporation, a body corporate, a partnership, an unincorporated body, an association, a government body or any other entity; and
• the meaning of general words is not limited by specific examples introduced by “including”, “for example”, “in particular” or similar expressions.
Governing law and jurisdiction
Schedule 1 – Prohibited conduct
YOU MUST NOT:
• use any device, routine or software that interferes, or attempt to interfere, with the proper working of this site;
• engage in any action that requires, or may require, an unreasonable or excessively large load on our infrastructure;
• use this site to decipher passwords or security encryption codes, transmit any worms, viruses or Trojan horses, transfer or store illegal, threatening or obscene material or otherwise violate the security of any computer network;
• use this site to violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, to engage in any misleading or deceptive online marketing practices or for any fraudulent or malicious purposes;
• use any spider, robot or search/retrieval application or any screen scraping, data mining or similar data gathering device, process, program or means to access, retrieve or index any portion of this site;
• use this site by any automated means;
• use this site to transmit junk mail, spam or chain letters or pyramid schemes or engage in other flooding techniques or mass distribution of unsolicited email;
• access, retrieve or index any portion of this site for use in constructing or populating any database that is searchable online or for the purpose of soliciting or sharing reviews;
• interfere with the display of any advertisements appearing on or in connection with this site;
• reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, adapt, modify, translate, frame or reformat any of the material contained on this site;
• reproduce, duplicate, copy or store any of the material appearing on this site other than for your own personal and non-commercial use;
• falsely imply that any other website is associated with this site;
• do anything that leads, or may lead, to a decrease in the value of the Company’s intellectual property rights in this site;
• use or exploit any of the material appearing on this site for, or in connection with, any business or enterprise (whether for profit or otherwise), including any business or enterprise that is in competition with this site;
• release to the public any news release, advertising material, promotional material or any other form of publicity or information relating to the Company without the Company’s prior written consent; or
• use this site to transmit any information or material that is, or may reasonably be considered to be:
abusive, threatening, harassing, harmful, obscene, indecent, lewd, inflammatory, violent, vulgar, profane, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way;
libellous, defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarised;
infringing upon or violating any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property or proprietary right;
in breach of any duty of confidentiality by which you are bound, whether by way of a fiduciary or contractual relationship;
in breach of any person’s privacy or publicity rights;
a misrepresentation of facts, including the impersonation of any person or entity or a misrepresentation of an affiliation with any person or entity (including any sponsorship or endorsement);
in violation of any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation, or encouraging of others to do so;
containing any political campaigning material, advertisements or solicitations; or
likely to bring the Company or any of its staff into disrepute.